Tutorial: How to use GameSir X3 Type-C
1. INSTALL THE PHONE
- Insert the phone’s Type-C port into the controller’s one.
- Pull the left side of the controller to fix the phone on it. LED 1 is solid blue to show a successful connection.
2. TURN ON THE COOLER
Use the included Type-C cable to connect the Type-C port of the cooler and a USB power adapter (not included). The back fan lights on and the cooler starts working.
3. TURN OFF THE COOLER
Disconnect the external power supply for the cooler to turn off the cooler.
4. DETACH THE PHONE
Hold the right side of the controller firmly and gently pull the left side of it to detach the phone.
5. CHARGE THE PHONE THROUGH THE CONTROLLER
Only some Android phones are supported pass-through charging. Not all Android phones are supported.
Use the phone’s Type-C cable (not included) to connect the Type-C charging port on the controller to the USB power adapter (not included).
Phone not connected
6. CONNECT TO ANDROID PHONES AND PLAY CONTROLLER-SUPPORTED ANDROID GAMES
When the controller is successfully connected to the mobile phone with a solid blue LED 1, you can start the controller-supported game and directly play it with the controller.
6. SWAP ABXY BUTTON POSITIONS
- There is a reserved groove on the left side of the A/B/X/Y button. Align your fingertip with the groove and pull out the button.
- Place the buttons according to the layout and the installation is finished.
*There are 2 ABXY layouts.
Xbox layout: Up Y, Left X, Down A, Right B.
Switch layout: Up X, Left Y, Down B, Right A.
The factory default layout is Xbox layout.
1. What phones does it support?
It supports Android 9.0 or above phone with
- An almost horizontally & vertically centered Type-C port as mainstream Android phones
- 110-179 mm in length, within 10.5 mm in depth (camera depth excluded)
- Camera depth ≤3 mm
- For phones that have unique structures with gigantic rear bump as Lenovo Legion 2 Pro, the bump also needs to be considered. Lenovo Legion 2 Pro is not workable on X3 Type-C as the Type-C port is not centered or almost horizontally & vertically.
- Black Shark 3 is 10.4 mm in depth (camera depth excluded) and it works on X3 Type-C.
For other phones that have similar structures as Lenovo Legion 2 Pro, it’s suggested to contact GameSir Customer Service before purchase.
2. Does the cooler work automatically once the phone connects with the controller?
No, the cooler has no battery and only works after plug-in-power with Type-C cable (included) and 5V 2A USB power adapter (not included).
You can also turn off the cooler and only use the controller as preferred.
3. What’s the area of the cooling zone?
It’s 4000 mm².
4. What’s the latency?
It’s a wired controller, zero input latency.
5. How much can the cooler lower the phone’s skin temperature?
GameSir Lab tested at an ambient temperature of 25℃, under which the phone’s skin temperature can be dropped by 24℃. The cooling effect may vary due to different using environment. Please refer to the actual situation.
6. Can it be used with phone protection cover?
No, it can’t be used with protection cover, considering the best cooling effect.
7. What games does it support?
It supports all controller-supported Android games as Minecraft, Fortnite, Dead Trigger 2, Asphalt 9: Legends, etc.
8. What cloud gaming platforms does it support?
It supports Xbox Game Pass, Amazon Luna, Stadia, NVIDIA GeForce Now, Steam Link, Sony PlayStation Now, etc.
9. Is there any option to customize the controller?
①ABXY layout change: Buttons are magnetic so you can change between Xbox and Switch layout.
②Extra accessories: Besides the standard D-pad and thumbsticks pre-installed on the controller, it has extra accessories as below for personlization.
High-rise Thumbstick *2
Faceted D-pad *1
Concave Thumbstick Cap *2
Convex Thumbstick Cap *2
10. Are LT & RT analog?
No, LT & RT are clicky Kailh micro switches, with an actuation distance of 0.6 mm only. Fast response and agile movement can be achieved.
11. Does X3 Type-C support key mapping?
It supports key mapping but it is not recommended to use it.
12. Does it support pass-through charging?
Only some Android phones are supported pass-through charging. Below is a brief and incomplete list of compatible & incompatible phones, just presented as a quick reference for compatibility. Please be noted that the list isn’t exhaustive due to numerous phones in the market and our limited ability to test all phones. Other phones may or may not work for pass-through charging on X3 Type-C.
13. Can I use a Type-C or 3.5 mm headset on it?
No. The bottom right Type-C port is used for phone charging (for supported phones only). There is no 3.5 mm port on X3 Type-C for headset. It’s suggested to use a wireless headset if needed.
14. Does it support Switch and PPSSPP emulator?
Yes, it does.